Welcome to this years Gift Ideas journal post - last years post proved so popular that it may now become an annual thing! If, like me, you'd prefer to give your loved ones thoughtful gifts which are a little bit different while also supporting a small independent business, I hope these ideas give you a little inspiration.
The items I've included are all things I have personally bought and can highly recommend. Of course, there are so many talented people out there creating and doing amazing things, so please do consider where you spend your money - I can guarantee you'll bring a smile to any indie business owner you choose to support.
1. Quote Matchpot from Glosters Pottery | Gorgeous little ceramic pots filled with long matches featuring a choice of quotes - who can ever find a box of matches when they need them? Everything this family owned pottery make is beautiful but you have to be quick - they sell out fast!
2. Cactus Silk Cushion Cover | For the boho / interiors lover, these artisan-made beauties are crafted from vegan silk (from the Agave cactus) in Morocco and hand embroidered with traditional symbols of the Berber people - available in several sun-burnished shades, no two are ever the same.
3. Happy Spoons and Spatulas from Thorsten van Elten | Very happy cooking utensils :) Perfect for anyone who loves to cook and guaranteed to raise a smile every time. I have two of each - practical but so cute. Crafted from FSC guaranteed wood.
4. Elizabeth Scarlett Everyday Pouch | Beautiful designs embroidered onto soft cotton or cotton velvet, these pouches are the perfect size for storing beauty essentials on a dressing table, in the bathroom or to use as a clutch bag. Slightly larger than the makeup bags. A thoughtful gift, these are always well received.
5. Paper Star Decorations from Folded Side Project | Upgrade your seasonal decorations with these chic paper designs crafted in high quality FSC-certified paper, in a range of beautiful colours. Perfect for a stylish Christmas.
6. Extra Fine Merino Wool Scarf | Woven from beautifully soft merino wool in a choice of three go-with-anything shades, a scarf is a classic gift for both ladies and gents and the simple styling will suit any outfit. Currently on sale for added bonus points.
7. Penguin Biscuit Baking Kit from Honeywell Biscuit Co. | One for the children! A gorgeous little kit containing all the dry ingredients, piping bags and a cookie cutter to bake these super cute little penguin biscuits - it even includes a chefs hat for the mini baker. I love that they donate a percentage of every sale to their partner charity too.
8. The Wanderer Throw Rug | Perfect for campers, adventurers and picnic lovers, this throw blanket is woven (not printed so won't fade) from 100% recycled polyester and cotton and is incredibly versatile; a picnic blanket, bedcover, wall hanging, beach blanket - the perfect sustainable Christmas gift.
9. Spacemasks | I featured Spacemasks in last years Gift Ideas but they deserve to make it into this years too - everyone deserves 20 minutes to de-stress and unwind from time to time and a box of Spacemasks is an affordable way to give the gift of relaxation to someone you think deserves a little downtime. Anyone would be delighted to receive a box of these. They come as a box of five masks.
10. 2022 Weekly Planner by Blush & Gold | I'm quite selective when it comes to choosing a planner and I'm delighted with my one of these - really well set out and amazing quality - beautiful and practical. They arrive beautifully packaged and are a joy to use.
11. Food for the Soul by Lucy Lord | My favourite cookbook of the year! Lucy's recipes are simple to make and use 'real' ingredients to create really tasty food to be enjoyed. Love her whole ethos. No-one can ever have too many cookbooks, right? Please try to support a local / independent bookshop if you can.
12. Plant a Tree with Ecologi | As you may know if you follow us on Instagram, since September this year, we are planting a tree for every single order placed. It's a fantastic way to give something back to Planet Earth. However you can also give a tree-planting gift through our partner initiative Ecologi - a fantastic present for the person who has everything or wants nothing!
I hope this inspires you a little with your shopping list for this Christmas, but whatever your plans for the festive season, I hope it's a fun, peaceful and happy one! Paula xx