7. Spacemasks | If you haven't experienced these yet, you must! Incredible warming eye masks which will help to relax and ease the tensions of the day. A box contains 5 masks and makes the must-have stocking filler for everyone on your list, regardless of age or gender - they will not be disappointed!
It's that time of year again! Whether you have already made some inroads into your Christmas shopping, or you still have a long way to go, I've put together a list of thoughtful gift ideas to give you some inspiration for your Christmas 2020 shopping, and there's something for everyone on your list.
This year more than ever, our small businesses need support, so please do consider shopping small/independent for even just a few items this year - where you choose to spend really can make such a difference to them. With the thought of sharing the spotlight, I have included some gift suggestions from a few other small businesses which I know and have personally used, and can highly recommend.
1. Preserved Flower Bouquet from Shida Preserved Flowers | These are not dried flowers, but are preserved to maintain the colour and softness. I have had mine for 9 months so far and are just as stunning as the day they arrived. Maintenance free, lots of beautiful arrangements and they last for up to a year.
2. Elizabeth Scarlett Makeup Bag | Available in a range of colours, these beautiful designs are embroidered onto cotton canvas or cotton velvet. Any girl, young or old, would love to receive one of these to store her favourite beauty products.
3. Beach Hut Gift Voucher | For the beach lovers everywhere - what could be more thoughtful than a gift voucher for a day at the beach? Summer or Winter, beach huts are a cosy, cute place to base yourself for a sunny day at the seaside, or a hot chocolate filled retreat to watch the dramatic winter waves roll in. Local to me are the highly recommended Cool Coastal Huts, with gorgeous, well-equipped huts to rent in Mersea and Frinton, but any coastal town will have the equivalent, and would make the perfect gift for a family.
4. Kitchen Disco print from Disko Kids | Who else is loving their kitchen discos? Make it a permanent fixture with one of these fun framed prints from Disko Kids. I've bought these as gifts for friends and they are brilliant quality and always well received. Also available in A3 size.
5. Cashmere Women's Socks | Luxuriously soft and crafted by the masters at Johnstons of Elgin, these are guaranteed to bring a smile to the luxe-loving ladies in your life. Warm and cosy and available in a range of colours, these are perfect for anyone who deserves a little luxury.
6. Annual Pass to a Zoo, Safari Park or Aquarium | A fantastic gift - not only a brilliant day out, but our kids can learn so much about the natural world and the animals we share the planet with, in a safe and fun environment. Our zoos, safari parks and aquariums are really struggling due to reduced visitor numbers this year - support the animals (and the conservation work) and give a gift that your loved ones can look forward to! My family are passholders at the amazing Colchester Zoo, and we can't wait to visit again as soon as we are able to.
8. Christmas Candle from Connock London | The most incredible festive candle to scent your home - my new favourite. Cinnamon, clove, mandarin and orange make for a warm, comforting scent without being overpowering, and is contained in a beautifully simple frosted glass to give a soft, warm glow. All the products I've used from Connock London have been so good, and they now produce a gorgeous hand sanitiser too, which is kind to skin and also smells amazing.
9. How to Style Your Brand by Fiona Humberstone | In my opinion, an essential book for any entrepreneur, freelancer or small business owner you know - absolutely packed full of useful information to make their business stand out from the rest. Please try to buy at your local bookshop.
10. Coastal Serving Boards by Turquoise Tide Artistry | I've only recently discovered this small business and I adore what they do. Hand crafted locally to me on Mersea Island, these coastal themed serving boards are absolutely stunning and would be very happily received by coast and interiors lovers alike. Commissions are also undertaken.
11. Cashmere Wrist Warmers | Supremely soft, warm and luxurious, and far more practical than gloves, these are available in a wide range of colours and would make an excellent gift for your sister, friend or mum. I have three pairs and use them all through the colder months, I wouldn't be without them.
12. Sand and Salt e-Gift Card | If you are completely stuck for what to give, or have left it to the very last minute, no problem! You can purchase an e-gift card in varying denominations, which will be emailed directly to your inbox.
I hope this gives you a little inspiration for your gift-giving, and whatever form Christmas takes for us all this year, I hope it's a peaceful and happy one! Paula xx